Minutes of STAR Meeting: Wednesday 9 May 2012
SANDBACH TRADERS AND RETAILERS
MINUTES OF S.T.A.R.
Wednesday 9th May 2012. 6.30 p.m
WAITROSE CAFE, SANDBACH
PRESENT: Carolyn Lowe, Larry Sharps, Carol Williams, Elaine Kelly, Shaun Lomas, Jim Mason, Ashley Gaunt, Matt Hooson (Sandbach Round Table)
APOLOGIES: Jayne & Peter Firman, Cllr Barry Moran, Cllr Gill Merry, Kay Howden, Hazel Warr, Dave Skeels, Dot Flint, Will Goodall
- Acceptance of previous Minutes (18th April 2012) moved as correct Larry Sharps
- Chairman’s report Elaine has sent an email introducing herself to members and hopes to visit most of them in the future. Her aim is to make STAR a more pro-active organisation involved with the local community. If you have any suggestions or comments on what you would like STAR to do, please let Elaine know.
- Treasurer’s report Hazel not present but the bank balance has not changed since last reported. Membership fees were due on 1st April from everyone except those who have joined in the last 11 months. Please can you let Hazel Warr at La Casa Vecchia or Carol Williams at Godfrey C. Williams Deli have payment (£20) cash or cheques made payable to Sandbach Traders & Retailers. Action ALL
- Love Local Life A large banner has now been purchased and will alternate 2 weeks on roadside by motorway and 2 weeks on outside of Town Hall. There is also a smaller banner available if anyone has any space to display it.
- Alfresco Licence Elaine and Cllr Moran have a meeting with CEC prior to their annual review in June
- Late night Shopping and Christmas Market Will be held on Friday 30th November 2012. For anyone interested in helping, the first meeting is Tuesday 12th June 6 p.m. at The Literary Institute. It has been proposed that businesses might stay open every Thursday night after the Christmas Market in the run up to Christmas ie the 6th, 13th and 20th December. This would be publicised in the run up to the Christmas Market with its advertisements. To be successful we need as many businesses as possible to participate.
Could members email the Secretary if they think that they could stay open later than usual. Action ALL
- Correspondence No correspondence
- AOB If anyone has the blue leaflets detailing the Queens Jubilee celebrations in Sandbach can you check they are correct. Some leaflets are printed with Monday 4th June and Saturday 4th June (obviously the day is incorrect in the latter) please dispose of. Correct leaflets are available from the Literary Institute if anyone requires more. Also available at the Institute are more free Sandbach Town Guides
Meeting closed 7.27 p.m.