Minutes of STAR Meeting: Wednesday 6th July 2011
SANDBACH TRADERS AND RETAILERS
MINUTES OF S.T.A.R.
Wednesday 8th June 2011
AT SANDBACH ENTERPRISE CENTRE , WESLEY AVENUE
Cllr Gill Merry Graham Whittaker Larry Sharps Keith Castree Cllr Carolyn Lowe Carol Williams Peter Firman Cllr Barry Moran Jayne Firman Dave Skeels Hazel Warr James MasonAPOLOGIES:
Dot Flint Sue (The Flower shop) Pete Nacson Sarah Ellershaw
- There was a correction to item 7 of last minutes (8th June 2011). The £2600 funds raised from advertising for Sandbach Town Guide do not almost cover the cost of the guide. They don’t even provide 50% of the costs; these are being covered by combination of a grant from CEC, funding from Town Council and advertising revenue.
- Larry welcomed everyone to the meeting. Larry is attending CEC meeting on Sustainable Market towns on 25th July looking at ways to deal with current economic climate in our small market towns.
- Keith reported no change of £593.65 in bank account since last meeting.
- Carolyn reported that the free Sandbach Town guide should have been delivered to all households by 1st July. There has been an issue with some streets being missed (Vicarage Lane and Weaver Close) so if you live in Sandbach and have not received one please let Carolyn know. A town council newsletter and Sandbach Town plan questionnaire were also delivered with the guide. The latter is a great chance to influence how Sandbach develops over the next 10 years. Please fill in or complete the survey online for entry into £250 prize draw at www.sandbach.gov.uk by 1st August – please encourage your staff to complete a survey even if they don’t live in Sandbach. There will be a meeting on Monday 11th July 6 p.m. at Literary Institute to plan Christmas Market and late night shopping event. All welcome
- Loyalty scheme study (see attachment) Barry suggested we get Amanda Fazelynia and David McGifford back to answer further questions that have arisen. A list of questions has been circulated via email to members, please let Secretary know if you have any further questions to be asked.
- A.O.B. Carolyn suggested we need to be thinking about what we want to get out of the benchmarking if it is to be carried out in September. Larry will talk to Dot Flint about a plan of action and how we progress it.
Barry asked if the Old Hall had been approached to become members of STAR, Keith assured him they had.
Hazel asked about the CEC Alfresco Licence coming into force on 1st July as she had just read an article in local paper about it. Larry said this is one of items he will raise at Sustainable market towns meeting. Hazel offered to speak with other traders and will draft an email to Rod Menlove at CEC inviting him to the next STAR meeting to talk about their policy. Hazel has already had a meeting with local police who have an issue with street furniture left outside pubs after trading hours as they say it causes a nuisance as inebriated youths gather on it!
Dot Flint emailed an invitation to attend Sandbach Partnership AGM on Monday 1st August at 7 p.m. at Masonic Hall, Sandbach.
Barry reported that CEC are holding a pop in session Planning for future of Sandbach at Sandbach Town Hall on Thursday 21st July 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (see attachment for poster (PDF) you could print and display). Also attached details of workshop on Wednesday 13th July at 6.00 p.m at Congleton Town Hall on Cheshire East Local Development Framework. As it is workshop format, those interested will need to register by e-mail to: ldfconsultation [at] cheshireeast [dot] gov [dot] uk or phone: 01270 685893.
Meeting closed at 7.25 p.m.
- Next meeting ….Wednesday 10th August 2011. 5.30 p.m. at SECE