Minutes of STAR Meeting: Wednesday 18th April 2012
SANDBACH TRADERS AND RETAILERS
MINUTES OF S.T.A.R.
Wednesday 18th April 2012. 5.30 p.m
AT SANDBACH ENTERPRISE CENTRE , WESLEY AVENUE
PRESENT: Flint, Larry Sharps, Carol Williams, Elaine Kelly, Shaun Lomas, Jim Mason
APOLOGIES: Jayne & Peter Firman, Cllr Barry Moran, Cllr Gill Merry, Cllr Carolyn Lowe
- Acceptance of previous Minutes (6th March 2012) moved as correct Larry Sharps
- Chairman’s report Elaine gave vote of thanks to Larry for his time as chairman over the previous year and presented him with a token of appreciation
- Treasurer’s report No Treasurer’s report
- Love Local Life Posters have been printed with the Sandbach retailers’ offers and these have been distributed to participating businesses. More are available on request from Elaine or Carol. A Banner for Town Hall and road by Motorway has been purchased and Larry will organise putting this up. Waitrose have agreed to a LLL stand (date to be arranged) when cards will be given out to customers. After Larry’s approach to Northern Rail they have agreed to put an article on LLL in the rail users magazine.
- Alfresco Licence Larry has written to Cllr Rod Menlove at CEC reiterating the points raised by members at the public meeting in January. With the appointment of a new leader of the cabinet (Mike Jones) and a cabinet reshuffle we will probably not hear anything until summer
- Portas Pilot Bid Sam Corcoran has been the lead town councillor in putting together an application for Sandbach to become a Portas Pilot Market town. Hundreds of other towns across the country have also applied for funding. Details of the bid can be viewed on the STAR website.
- Correspondence No correspondence
- AOB Dot updated on Taste of Sandbach Event being held on Saturday 2nd June 10.30 – 2.30p.m.on Market Square as part of the Queens Jubilee celebrations. 20 stalls have been taken by traders who will be offering tastes of what they cook or sell.
Please note change of venue and time
Meeting closed 6.30 p.m.