Minutes of STAR Meeting: Wednesday 15th February 2012
SANDBACH TRADERS AND RETAILERS
MINUTES OF S.T.A.R.
Wednesday 15th February 2012
AT SANDBACH ENTERPRISE CENTRE , WESLEY AVENUE
PRESENT: Cllr Barry Moran, Cllr Gill Merry, Cllr Carolyn Lowe, Keith Castree, Dot Flint, Larry Sharps, Carol Williams, Shaun Lomas (Sandbach Market Traders), James Mason, Paul Cliffe and Andy McMorine (SUFC)
APOLOGIES: Jayne & Peter Firman, Claire Lownds (Impressions Print), Will Goodall, David McGifford
- Acceptance of previous Minutes (18th January 2011) Amendment to minutes – Carolyn Lowe down as present and also giving apologies when she was present.
- Matters arising from last meeting: Dot has written to Roadchef about an information board on Sandbach being sited within the motorway services
- Treasurer’s report: no change since last meeting
- Sandbach United Football Club Open Day: A presentation was given by Paul and Andy on Sandbach Community Football centre and the open day they are holding on 26th May 2012. This will be a community open event at which they would like to give local businesses the chance to promote themselves. A separate information sheet giving more details will be sent out separately to members. Barry and Dot will talk to SUFC about community issues Action CW/DF
- Networking Meeting: Barry has met with Luke Kendall manager of The Brook Chimney House Hotel who would be happy to host a networking meeting. He is also keen to join STAR so will be invited to next meeting Action CW
- STAR AGM: date for AGM will be Wednesday 28th March 2012 5.30 p.m. at SECE, Wesley Avenue. Nominations are invited for Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary. Nominations to be received by Secretary no later than 13th March and to be seconded by 2 members of STAR. Notice of the AGM will be advertised in the Sandbach Chronicle Action CW & DF
- Love Local Life: Mandy has drawn up a marketing strategy with a review date set for May. (if you would like a full copy of this please email me)
- Correspondence: Lynn Purcell and Ray Archer organisers of Sandbach Day of Dance have written to say it will be taking place again this year on Saturday 8th September
- AOB: Dot advised that CEC Economy group are revisiting and redesigning the Sandbach Guide. There are still copies of the current guide available from SECE if anyone wants them to hand out within their business. Next meeting... Tuesday 6th March, 2012. 5.30 p.m. at SECE
Meeting closed 7.15 p.m.