Minutes of STAR Meeting: Wednesday 10th August 2011
SANDBACH TRADERS AND RETAILERS
MINUTES OF S.T.A.R.
Wednesday 10th August 2011
AT SANDBACH ENTERPRISE CENTRE , WESLEY AVENUE
PRESENT: Cllr Carolyn Lowe, Cllr Gill Merry, Keith Castree, Larry Sharps, Carol Williams, Mario Lanza, Graham Whittaker, Will Goodall, Laura Goodall APOLOGIES: Cllr Barry Moran, Elaine Kelly, Dot Flint
- Acceptance of previous Minutes (6th July 2011) moved as correct Gill Merry
- Matters arising from last meeting: Hazel has emailed Rod Menlove CEC re Alfresco licence but as we have had no reply another more formal letter from STAR will be drafted. Action Will Goodall
- Treasurers report: Keith reported no change of £593.65 in bank account. Will Goodall suggested a nominal annual renewal and proposed that this be raised on the next meetings’ agenda. Motion passed.
- S.T.C. report: Carolyn informed us that the Sandbach Town plan questionnaire deadline has been extended till 5th September. The existence of the questionnaire is going to be promoted on Facebook. Action Laura Goodall
There are copies of the Sandbach Town Guide available for businesses to give out to their customers if you email carolyndlowe [at] gmail [dot] com Two meetings have been held so far for Christmas Market/Late night shopping evening on Friday 2nd December 4.30 – 7.30 p.m.
- Loyalty scheme progress report: Carol and Mandy Fazelynia (Love Local Life) visited and spoke to 37 businesses of which 21 expressed an interest. The rest owners/managers were not present so Mandy will follow up with email or phone call. Some wanted more time/information. Next Town council meeting October 20th so a grant application would need to be in by 6th October. Financial figures for the scheme not clear so Mandy to be invited to a meeting with Gill Merry, Carolyn Lowe, to explain them further. Action Carol Williams
- Benchmarking: Held over till next meeting as Dot Flint not at meeting
- Correspondence: Sue Brereton (Sandbach Partnership) invited member of STAR to sit on Local Development Framework Panel for Sandbach. Will Goodall volunteered. Sandbach Day of Dance organizers Lynn Purcell and Ray Archer have sent letter with details of event on Saturday 3rd September which they have distributed to businesses
- Town Clerk Ann Banks sent letter detailing a provisional timetable of events for Diamond Jubilee celebrations to be held Saturday 2nd – Tuesday 5th June 2012 organized by Sandbach Town Council (see attached)
Meeting closed 7.00 p.m.
Visit our website www.sandbach-star.org.uk