Minutes of STAR Meeting: Tuesday 7th December 2010
SANDBACH TRADERS AND RETAILERS
MINUTES OF S.T.A.R.
Tuesday 7th December 2010. 5.30 P.M.
AT SANDBACH ENTERPRISE CENTRE , WESLEY AVENUE
|Sue Brereton||Cllr Carolyn Lowe|
|Keith Castree||Sarah Ellershaw|
|Cllr Barry Moran||Nigel Howe|
|Carol Williams||Peter Nacson (Sandbach Round Table)|
|Dot Flint||Larry Sharps (Sandbach Partnership)|
|Cllr Gill Merry||Kerry Head (Lollipop Stop)|
- 2. Sarah reported that Jacqueline Wilson (Cheshire East Council) is arranging a shop doctor event for Jan/Feb for Sandbach and surrounding towns.
- We would like to welcome new member The Lion. Balance in the bank £655.89
- Christmas light switch on Saturday 20th November 4-7 p.m. debrief. Feedback from people in town was very positive; people are now expecting events. Estimated turnout was 2500-3000 people. The food stalls did very well. One negative was the sound; different bands bringing different amps meant breaks in the continuity. Next year they will be required to use the organizers amps or will not play. It was suggested that better lights for the Christmas tree would make more impact. Next years event will be on Saturday 19th November 2011.
- Late Night shopping Friday 3rd December 4- 8 p.m. debrief. This was another great event apart from the exceptionally cold weather. Thanks to everyone who helped organize it. There were lots of stalls on the market square and up the high street. Unfortunately the indoor market did not take full advantage of the evening and there were empty stalls inside. Additional music by the town hall would have drawn people up there. Salvation Army band or school choirs need to be arranged early in 2011 as they tend to be booked up early. CEC electricians needed to arrive earlier or send more as it was all a bit last minute and there were no lights for the band. Car parks were all full before the event started. Park & Ride would be an option to look into for next year, maybe with the added attraction of Santa on the bus. A later start of 4.30 p.m. was suggested. Next years event will be Friday 2nd December 2011.
- Shopwatch/pubwatch Evening has been arranged for Wednesday 26th January 2011 at a venue to be announced. Sarah will contact Mark Gammage re some advance publicity. A S.T.A.R presentation to be put together for showing on the night. The Round Table have a laptop and TV that can be used to run the presentation.
- The Royal Wedding on April 29th 2011. Ideas are welcomed from members as to how we could celebrate this day.
- Larry Sharps emailed re a shop incentive scheme. This will be discussed at the next meeting.
- Monday 17th January 2011 6.30 p.m. at SECE Wesley Avenue will be first meeting of the entertainments co-ordination team: bringing together all the various groups to co-ordinate a diary of events. Anyone welcome.
Next meeting Tuesday 18th January at 5.30 p.m. Note different venue The Literary Institute, Sandbach.