Minutes of STAR Meeting: Tuesday 6th March 2012
SANDBACH TRADERS AND RETAILERS
MINUTES OF S.T.A.R.
Tuesday 6th March 2012
AT SANDBACH ENTERPRISE CENTRE , WESLEY AVENUE
PRESENT: Cllr Barry Moran, Cllr Gill Merry, Cllr Carolyn Lowe, Dot Flint, Larry Sharps, Carol Williams, Elaine Kelly, Shaun Lomas (Sandbach Market Traders), Mandy Fazelynia (Love Local Life)
APOLOGIES: Jayne & Peter Firman
- Acceptance of previous Minutes: (15th February 2012) moved as correct Larry Sharps
- Treasurer’s report: Sadly Keith Castree has resigned as Treasurer as his business has gone into liquidation. All books and accounts have been passed to Secretary. Current bank balance is £1103.65 We welcome a new member- Kay Howden from the Cheese Stall in the Market Hall.
- Love Local Life: Mandy ran through the marketing actions completed so far. Posters are being printed with the Sandbach retailers’ offers. These will be available in participating businesses and in display cases around town. Banners for Town Hall and road by Motorway to be secured Action MF
A marketing/training evening will be held on Wednesday 28th March 5.30 p.m. till approx 7.30 p.m.to help LLL businesses use the website and promote the card to customers.Action MF contact LLL businesses
- Networking Meeting: Elaine will arrange a meeting with Luke Kendall manager of Brook Chimney House Hotel to discuss provisional dates for a meeting towards end of April. Elaine to confirm costs. Discuss with members at AGM what they want to gain from networking. Action EK
- STAR AGM.: Wednesday 28th March 2012 5.30 p.m. Nominations have been received for Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary. Any further nominations to be received by Secretary no later than 13th March and to be seconded by 2 members of STAR. Notice of the AGM will be advertised in the Sandbach Chronicle
- A reminder that Sandbach Town Plan open public meeting will be held in Town Hall on Thursday 8th March 2012 at 7 p.m.
- Correspondence: Kevin Melling, Head of Highways & Transport at CEC has sent a letter further to the Alfresco meeting on 16th January 2012
- AOB: traders have been invited to a tour of the new St Peter's Church Hall on 20th March, between 3.00 and 7.00 pm. The old church hall was destroyed by fire two years ago and it has been replaced by an impressive modern building.
Next ordinary meeting Wednesday 18th April 2012 5.30 p.m.
Meeting closed 6.55 p.m.