Minutes of STAR Meeting: Tuesday 18th January 2011
SANDBACH TRADERS AND RETAILERS
MINUTES OF S.T.A.R.
Tuesday 18th January 2011. 5.30 P.M.
AT SANDBACH ENTERPRISE CENTRE , WESLEY AVENUE
Carol Williams, Sue Brerton, and Nigel Howard
- Chair Report: The shopwatch meeting is scheduled for 22nd February. Content and structure will be discussed and arranged and published closer to event.
- A new group looking at "SandbachEvents" headed by the partnership held its first meeting on 17th January. SandbachEvents is a diary of
activities that take place in Sandbach.The idea is to help
organisers to understand other events taking place in our town so
clashes can be avoided.
A website and notice boards along with the press will publicise all events to maximise numbers. Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday 1st February.
- The shop doctor is being organised for late February early March and will take the form of workshops with Jackie Wilson.
- A Morris dancing event is being organised on the cobbles for the 3rd of September.
- Treasurers report: Since most traders and retailers have been busy during the Christmas period (with takings or snow) the finances and the numbers of members have not changed since last report. However we do need to attract new blood and we hope the shopwatch event will bring new people to the group.
- We are looking to push forward a "Reward System" for customers of all shops in Sandbach to gain reward for shopping local. Different schemes are in place throughout the country and we are looking to see which scheme we believe would be both advantageous and easy to managed for us. We will also need to "sell it to retailers and traders. We would be looking to the council to promote this shop local and win scheme. Any ideas or thoughts will be welcome.
- The market (Thursday/Saturday) was discussed as to the opportunities to promote February 14th. Can we have an event!
- The Royal Wedding 29th April....Party time but what?
- Craft markets are being organised for the 4th Saturday of May (28th) June (25th) July (23rd). The more stalls/people the better.
- Sarah (our chair) is looking to step down from her position before the end of this year.Here is Your chance to bring something to the party.
PLEASE if you have any questions or thoughts on any of the above or anything else you think that STAR can do to promote our town... PLEASE let us know
Meeting Closed : 7.10pm