Minutes of STAR Meeting: Tuesday 15th November 2011
SANDBACH TRADERS AND RETAILERS
MINUTES OF S.T.A.R.
Tuesday 15th November 2011
AT SANDBACH ENTERPRISE CENTRE , WESLEY AVENUE
PRESENT: Cllr Barry Moran, Cllr Gill Merry, Keith Castree, Dot Flint, Larry Sharps, Carol Williams, Jayne & Peter Firman, Shaun Lomas (Sandbach Market Traders), Will Goodall, Elaine Kelly, Liz (The Lion Hotel)
APOLOGIES: Cllr Carolyn Lowe, Dave Skeels, Pete Nacson, Hazel Warr, Sue (The Flower shop)
- Acceptance of previous Minutes (25th October 2011) moved as correct Larry Sharps
- Matters arising from last meeting: Dot Flint reported that North West Development agency funded redevelopment of Market Square there was nothing specific written into an agreement about alfresco dining other than it was “to allow an opportunity for outside dining”
- Alfresco Licence Policy. Minutes are attached of the public meeting held on 10th November 2011. Larry has drafted a letter from STAR to send to Cllr R. Menlove voicing our opposition to a licence fee but our agreement that there should be a code of practice. This will be circulated to members separately shortly. There will be a CEC cabinet meeting held at Westfields on Monday 28th November 2011. 2 p.m. 3 working days notice needs to be given for submitted questions. Is anyone available to attend this to put a question on behalf of STAR? Action LS
- Treasurer’s report: Balance currently £3883.65 due to grant of £2840 received from Sandbach Town for Love Local Life Scheme which has yet to be paid.
- Love Local Life Loyalty scheme, will be launched in Sandbach on Saturday 19th November 2011 between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. A team of 4-5 people from CEC will be near to Town Hall giving out up to 500 free cards to public. Keith at the Furniture Gallery is holding stock of spare cards if any businesses require them. Mandy will be circulating a full discount list to all businesses and printing them out to give out to public on launch day. Community groups such as Rotary, Round Table will be contacted by Mandy shortly. STAR website and Sandbach Town council website, Twitter and Facebook used to promote launch. Action WG & EK
- Local Development Framework Panel. Will Goodall represented STAR at a CEC meeting of the above. A report on this will be sent our shortly Action WG
- Wednesday 30th November 9.30 a.m. Leader of CEC Wesley Fitzgerald will be visiting Sandbach. If any business would like to talk to him about local issues he will be at SECE at 9.30 a.m. STAR members going to attend so far: Jayne & Peter Firman, Elaine Kelly, Elena Fragola, Carol Williams. Anyone else welcome. STAR to provide presentation board on what we do. He will also be walking around Sandbach mid morning if anyone wants to talk to him. Action KC
- Will Goodall suggested STAR broaden its base to include non retail/industrial and general commerce. We need to strengthen the membership, a networking event early in the New Year was suggested. The Chimney House Hotel manager to be contacted. Action BMSTAR constitution to be updated regarding new membership fees.Action WG
- Karen Trueman from Cheshire Probation Trust has contacted STAR to ask if a representative from our group would like to sit on the Linden Bank Community Liaison Group. They meet 4 times a year. Elaine Kelly expressed an interest and will attend their next meeting. Carol to email Karen to ask she contact EK with date of next meeting. Action CW
- Dot mentioned that there is nothing on the M6 Services northbound about what Sandbach has to offer. There is an advertising stand that can be stocked with leaflets but this is £60 per month. Suggested that some of the bigger businesses in Sandbach could be contacted to help sponsor some information via Roadchef. Action on agenda next meeting
- Will Goodall suggested STAR broaden its base to include non retail/industrial and general commerce. We need to strengthen the membership, a networking event early in the New Year was suggested. The Chimney House Hotel manager to be contacted.
- Barry informed us that meeting to discuss results of Town Plan questionnaire will be held at Town Hall on 29th February 2012 at 7 p.m.
Next meeting... Wednesday 18th January, 2012. 5.30 p.m. at SECE
Meeting closed 7.20 p.m.