Minutes of STAR Meeting: Monday 14th June 2010
14 June 2010
|(Adobe Acrobat PDF format)|
SANDBACH TRADERS AND RETAILERS
MINUTES OF STAR MEETING
MONDAY 14th JUNE 2010 5.30PM
SANDBACH ENTERPRISE CENTRE Wesley Avenue
|Keith Castree (The Furniture Gallery)||Sarah Ellershaw (Burnell's Ltd)|
|Dot Flint (Sandbach Partnership)||Ruth Hindson (Creature Comforts)|
|Nigel Howard (The Furniture Gallery)||Larry Sharps (SECE)|
|Carol Williams (Godfrey C. Williams & Son)|
APOLOGIES: Carolyn Lowe, Hazel Warr (La Casa Vecchia), Barry Moran (Cheshire East Council)
Dot provided a list of ideas to promote the town including:
Next planned event:
Saturday 26th June 2010 on Market Square 11 a.m - 3 p.m. Bands
- Sarah to email Keith Haines and confirm that Rock of Ages and Providence Jug Band can perform
- Dot to contact Streets ahead bus and ask if they can attend.
- Dot to contact Town crier to ask him to announce event on day
- Dot to find out from John Thompson about a risk assessment and whether we need a first aid presence
- Sarah to contact council about 2 gazebo type structures for band in event of bad weather.
- Carol to contact local hostelries to see if they are willing to provide/sell food
- Meeting on Wednesday 23rd June 2010 at 5.30 p.m. at SECE to finalise above
Keith & Nigel have put together a timetable of dates so that they can apply to CEC for funding.
- Saturday 24th July
- Saturday 28th August
- Saturday 25th September
- Saturday 23rd October
- Saturday 27th November
What is going to be timetabled for these dates will be discussed at a later date
Halloween event;- Dot has spoken to Rotary Club of Sandbach who are keen to be involved and help with an event
Christmas event:- deferred till next meeting
Ruth has spoken to Elaine Hamlet from the Probation office who is keen to let us use young offenders to help tidy up any grot spots in town. Dot will speak to council officer in charge of streetscape about liaising with them.
Keith suggested a survey to find out how customers currently use town for shopping and how it could be improved
Next meeting Wednesday 23rd June 2010 at 5.30 p.m. at SECE.